The town of Amherst has been awarded federal funds through the CARES Act to support local small businesses hardest hit by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Valley Community Development Corporation will act as Program Administrator for the application and selection process to award one-time grants up to $10,000 for businesses located in Amherst.
Applications are still being accepted. There are funds still available. Please apply.
NEED HELP ON YOUR APPLICATION?
View recorded webinar here.
These are FREE local resources to help you prepare for your application:
- The Center for Women & Enterprise (CWE): Info.CentralMA@CWEonline.org
- MSBDC – Massachusetts Small Business Development Center Network
Applicants must be able to provide supporting documents to show eligibility in all four of the following categories:
- “Micro-enterprise” businesses (5 or fewer employees including owner) that were established prior to the pandemic (business must have been operating prior to 10/1/2019 to be eligible for assistance.
- Applicant must be able to show records that support a loss of income due to COVID-19.
- Grant funds must be used to pay for expenses in the following categories:
- Working Capital – Business operating expenses such as rent, utilities and staffing.
- Technology and Online Marketing or Sales Services – Software purchases or upgrades, website design, app development, transitioning to e-commerce, online ordering and payment systems and the training that comes with new technology.
- Safety Equipment and Products – Extra costs for PPE, cleaning supplies, safety or other procedures to remain open and provide a healthy and safe atmosphere for employees and customers. Implementation, monitoring and maintenance of same.
- Costs for Adapting to Operations During Pandemic – Examples might be new materials, supplies or inventory related to packaging or handling merchandise, reconfiguration of space to accommodate curbside pick-up, delivery options added, etc.
- Business Advising and Support – Expenses related to modifying existing business model. This might include capacity building, accounting support, business planning, financial education or training to gain other necessary business skill
- The business owner’s CURRENT gross annual family income must be less than the maximum amount listed in the table below:
Please note there is also an Equal Opportunity Set-aside for business owner applicants who are of racial/ethnic minority, women, veterans, persons with a disability, or LBGTQ.
Grants will be awarded on a basis of first-come, first-served, first-completed and determined eligible for each funding pool.
This is a first come first serve grant, but as of 2.18.20 there is still funding available.
APPLICATION MATERIALS AND LINKS
- UPDATED Application Form: Amherst Small Business Grant_Application – Updated October 31
- COVID IMPACT STATEMENT: 2019-2020 Profit & Loss Comparison Template: Excel PDF
- Duplication of Benefits Form: Duplication of Benefits Certification for CDBG-CV
- Certification of Minority Owned Business for Equal Opportunity Set Aside: PDF
FORMS REQUIRED FOR APPLICATION:
Funding made available through the Federal CARES Act with Community Development Block Grant funding (CDBG-CV) as awarded to the Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).